- Sort & start laundry.
- Paint lumber (for finally finishing the patio cover).
- Stop to switch around laundry.
- Paint. (Because of the way things are set up and the dimensions of the lumber, some of it can only be painted on one side at a time, so each coat is a four-step process.)
- Complain to Molly about my aching back.
- Stop to switch & fold laundry.
- Complain to Trixie about my aching back.
- Repeat until sanity hangs by a thread.
I need to get these boards painted and done. They're set up in the middle of the kitchen (with cardboard underneath to catch drips-- as if I ever dripped paint! Ha!), which means that my Kitchen Work Triangle is all messed up.
I feel like I'm walking around in circles in there (because I am), and Molly keeps getting in my way. Now, Molly tends to stand right in my path, anyway, but now that the kitchen is doubling as a lumberyard, the spaniel speed-bump effect is exponentially more noticeable.
Well, I think I can get this bundle of lumber painted and finished today, if I keep at it. Then there are three more ("differently dimensioned") boards all primed and ready to paint, oh boy. And... I'm trying not to be aware of it, but there are even more boards out on the back porch. Will it never end???
I guess I can set those up to be painted outside, at least. (The only reason we put this first batch inside was to avoid the rain that has already come through.)
...Or maybe the painting will just slip my mind altogether for a day or two...
Ah. Time to go. The laundry's buzzing!