Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sweet, Simple Things

Sometimes it feels like it doesn't take much bring you down and practically ruin your day, but at least it doesn't have to take much to make you happy, either. 

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Sweet, Simple Things from This Weekend:
  • Playing Saint Petersburg with Donald
  • A handful of malted milk balls to munch on while we played
  • Working on my new doily-- the first "for me" project I've done in quite a while
  • Learning that I can follow written patterns for doilies (Yay!)
  • Trixie's obvious joy in a simple game of "Find It"
  • A breezy yesterday
  • Crisp green pepper slices and pickles on a sandwich
  • British mystery novels of the 1920s and 1930s 
  • Nearing the end of a month (which means a fresh challenge for the photo blog)
  • Feeling interested in and even looking forward to some of my "need to do"s for the week to come