Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Keywords

It's been a few months since my last Google Analytics post, so I thought another one was due. It got a little long, so you may not want to read the whole thing. If you want to see just my favorites, skip down to the bottom. :o)

Here's what people were searching for when they happened upon this blog (since the last Analytics entry):
  • Once again, most of them involve rag quilting, with 44 hits from "denim rag quilt(s)" along-- not even touching on all the (many, many) variations on that theme: "rag quilt bag" (9), "rag quilt video" (8), "flannel rag quilts" (5), and so on. (Maybe it's time for me to start actually working on that quilt again. ;o)) To avoid boring you completely to tears, I'll skip the rest of the quilt-related searches, unless something particularly interesting pops up.
  • "borderline narcolepsy"/"borderline narcoleptic"-- 5 hits
  • "trollstigen weather"-- 3 hits (Ah, Norway. . . I don't miss the crazy roads, but the views!)
  • "racing down trollstigen"-- 1 hit
  • "trollstigen road raised"-- 1 hit (What does that even mean?)
  • "trollstigen youtube"-- 1 hit
  • "birds attacking cats"-- 2 hits (Poor Skipper. I think I mentioned this after seeing a bird dive-bomb him. . .)
  • "cockapekapoo"-- 2 hits
  • "itchy hands after mowing"/"hands itch after digging in the yard"/"hands itch after mowing the lawn"/"mowing itchy"/"my hand vibrate after mowing"/"my palms itch after mowing the lawn"/"numb fingertips after mowing lawn"/"vibrations from lawn mower hands to itch"/"why do i get itchy hands after mowing the lawn"/"why do my palms itch after mowing"-- 11 hits (Obviously it's a common occurrence!)
  • "after crocheting finger numb"/"crochet numb finger"/"crocheting numb fingers"/"numb finger crochet"-- 4 hits (Again, clearly I'm not the only one. Not that I thought I was. . .)
  • "numb fingers more:causes risk factors"-- 1 hit
  • "numb finger after striking"-- 1 hit (. . .After striking what, exactly. . .?)
  • "jared polis"-- 2 hits (This is from a question in a meme.)
  • "odds and ends abbreviation"-- 2 hits (Is there such a thing?)
  • "sarah michaels extra thick body cream"/"sarah michaels milk and honey"-- 4 hits, total
  • "curly sue soundtrack"-- 1 hit for this and all that follow, unless otherwise noted
  • "emily of new moon: dean priest"
  • "grey skin"/"blue gray skin color"/"gray skin"/"grey skin from well water"/"grey skin man"/"grey skin pictures"/"guy with grey skin"/"man with gray skin"/"man with grey skin"/"skin turned a permanent shade of blue-gray after consumption of nutritional supplements"/"the man with the gray skin"-- 11 hits (I guess people are still interested in this story. . .)
  • "polymer clay + jewelry"
  • "sziklai pair"/"adrigole"/"anoglypta" (This is what happens when you do that silly, random Wikipedia meme. . .)
  • "yellow-bellied water snake split"
  • "cassandra wilson - lovely"
  • "7 inch granny square"
  • "another name/ word for all knowing"-- 2 hits
  • "b&w techniques"
  • "baldwinreport"
  • "canon xsi"
  • "coastal fabric designs"
  • "clouds moonlight flickr"
  • "decorated cake ballerina"/"plastic ballerinas"-- 2 hits
  • "dicey name pronounce" (I know the book they're thinking of, but I haven't read it-- yet-- myself, and I don't remember mentioning it or this character in my blog. . .)
  • "eilert pilarm swedish elvis" (Donald was just talking about this again the other day. I'd forgotten about it.)
  • "felt cake slice pattern" (Again. And I've never even posted one, as far as I can recall. . .)
  • "flickr children's vintage fashion" (& related queries)-- 5 hits
  • "vintage retro scans"
  • "hejsan pronounced" ("Hay-sawn"-- or something like.)
  • "how to make a bag out of a button up shirt" (I'm not sure, but it shouldn't be too hard to do.)
  • "how to use variegated ombre yarn"
  • "husqvarna correct pronunciation" (Hm. . . As far as I know, it's "HOOSK-varna", but I'm no expert. . . (shrug))
  • "ike is gonna strike"/"wheres ike"/"wheres ike gonna go"/"wheres ike now"-- 4 hits
  • "ipod wailin jennys"/"wailin jennys song meanings"-- 4 hits
  • "it is beautiful the world we live in"/"its a beautiful world we live in"-- 4 hits (Agreed.)
  • "lawn mowing gloves" (Again, is there really such a thing as gloves made just for lawn mowing?)
  • "woolfardisworthy" (At first, I was all "Wha. . .?" And then I remembered this entry.)
  • "leveson loosen" (See above.)
  • "pronunciations odd spellings fanshawe" (Yep, one more for that entry.)
  • "michael strang mowing" (No idea how this one got here. . .)
  • "mike oddsandends"
  • "moonbeamers cartoon"/"the moonbeamers cartoon"-- 2 hits (I remember it, vaguely. I more remember that my sister and I each had a Moonbeamers "action figure"/doll, and their hair glowed in the dark. I think one of us had a Moonbeamers lunch box, too, one year.)
  • "trixie-o designs"
  • "muskmare" ((shudder) Nasty things!)
  • "ombre pattern cloth in photoshop" (I'm not sure what they meant by that. . .)
  • "open slatted patio cover photo" (You're joking, right? Our patio doesn't even have it's "floor" in place, yet. Need to work on that. . .)
  • "paw print rag quilt bag" (Hey, that's a neat idea!)
  • "personality trait of l.m.montgomery" (I could name a few, but you're probably better off looking elsewhere.)
  • "photo crochet"
  • "pin cushion"/"pin cushions with mason jar lids"-- 2 hits
  • "peewauket" (Another reference to that book I haven't even read. I can't figure out where I mentioned these things. . .)
  • "scan cyoa books"
  • "seizures/weather conditions" (I guess they might be linked, somehow?)
  • "sewing"
  • "sewing kit in a jar"
  • "sharpshooter shovel"/"shovel handle refitting"-- 2 hits
  • "spelling widget for computer" (Why would you need one? Seems like most programs have one already built in. . .)
  • "sweded movies wikipedia"
  • "youtube gameron guiron" (Oh, how I hate that movie.)
I saved my favorites for last. They're a little more interesting-- and/or amusing-- than the ones listed above.
  • "children's book on dog fashion" (Intriguing. . .)
  • "how do I pronounce st john rivers"/"st john pronounced sinjin" (Yes, it truly is pronounced "sinjin". Weird, huh? But admittedly, it's much easier to say than "saint john".)
  • "how to crouche granny squares" (Yeah, it's just a spelling error, but it looks funny.)
  • "how to prevent finches from defecating in birdhouse" (Is that even possible? I think you just have to clean out the house, at the end of the nesting season. That, or let the next bird who comes along take care of it. (g))
  • "mood killers" (LOL! I wonder if they were looking for a definitive list. And why? Seeking inspiration?)
  • "shoe mcan logo resemblance with allah in bangladesh" (I can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of the whole thing.)
  • "mom, i'm nearsighted, and need glasses" (This one actually strikes me as kind of sad. Was this person worrying about how to tell "mom" that s/he needs glasses. . .?)
  • "mother hubbard etsy golden" (Added to this list because of the sheer weirdness of this seemingly unrelated string of words.)
  • "odd style fashion for kids" (Kids, prepare for some good old-fashioned school-yard teasing. . .)
  • "rag quilt clog washer" (Uh oh. ;o) Yeah, they say that can happen. Best to take precautions. If possible, wash it the first time or two at the laundromat, and maybe wash it inside a bag, to catch the fluff.)
  • "two striped walking stick sprayed in mouth" (Oh, you poor, poor person! Don't worry, though. It shouldn't cause any long-term damage.)
  • "unblur a purposely blurred photo" (And just why do you need to do that?)
  • "voortman cookies coloring book" (So, is it a coloring book full of drawings of cookies?)
  • "i look through the camera viewfinder with my left eye. is this incorrect?" (Dude, relax. Just do whatever feels right. I promise, no-one's gonna call the camera police on you for putting your left eye to the viewfinder. I do it all the time.)
  • "koink oil" (What is koink oil?)
  • "lawn mowing vocabulary" (There will be a quiz tomorrow, so you'd best study.) ;o)
Well, that concludes this quarter's episode of "Giggle Goofily at That Keyword". ;o) Better go see about doing something slightly more useful. . .